OKLAHOMA CITY – In an effort to crack down on child identity theft, State Sen. George Burns, R-Pollard, has filed Senate Bill 312, which would create harsher penalties for a person that steals the identity of a victim less than 18 years old. Continue reading “Burns files legislation on child identity theft”
DURANT – The Choctaw Nation Health Services Authority is moving forward with its plan to provide the COVID-19 vaccine to more tribal members. Beginning Monday, the third tier will be eligible to make an appointment for vaccination. Continue reading “Choctaw Nation moves forward with vaccine”
Funeral services for Syble Killion Perry, 72, are 2 p.m. Wednesday at The Apostolics of Poteau Church with Rev. Tim Sullivan and Rev. Ron Patrick officiating. Continue reading “Services set for Syble Perry”
It is expected to be a wet one for Monday in LeFlore County, at least early. Continue reading “LeFlore County weather 1-25-2021”
POTEAU – The LeFlore County commissioners will meet in a regular business meeting Monday at 9 a.m. in the office of the board of county commissioners.
- Call to Order.
- Minutes &/or Special Business Meeting Minutes of previous meeting(s).
- Purchase Orders.
- Monthly Fee Reports.
- Transfer of Appropriations.
- Blanket Purchase Orders.
- Old Business.
- Current Bridge and Road Projects
D#2 CIRB-140D(161)RB, JOB 25097(04) Brazil Creek S. of SH 31.
- Contract Labor/ Service Agreement(s):
- Burn Ban.
- Old/New Business and/or Pay Estimates(s) for Conser Road Project(s).
- Certificates(s) of Compliance for OMMA Businesses.
- iscuss and possibly approve public health resolution allowing county treasurer to reinvest surplus of public health funds for January, 2021.
- Consider and possibly approve notice to proceed and contract FOR work regarding the detention center roof project BETWEEN LeFlore County and Heritage Hills commercial services, LLC.
- Consider and possibly approve resolution for disposing of equipment described as Samsung 15.6” laptop computer, ITEM NUMBER HAW-610.001, located at Hawcreek Fire Department.
- Consider and possibly approve Treasurer’s Monthly Report of Officers for December 2020
- Discuss with possible action updating the LeFlore County emergency management hazard mitigation plan.
- Meet with Mary Merrill to discuss personal property and/or real estate taxes.
- Public Comments.
LeFlore County had 18 new coronavirus cases in Sunday’s report by the Oklahoma Department of Health, the fewest in a day since Dec. 22. Continue reading “Coronavirus update 1-24-2021”